Stone Ridge traces its roots down to McNab Street in Hamilton Ontario where a church was planted in the late 1800's.
In the early 1950's the Christians at McNab Street decide to begin an outreach on the Hamilton mountain, and Queensdale Bible Chapel was started on Queensdale Avenue.
In 1994 that building was destroyed by fire and a new site was located on Upper Sherman Avenue just south of Stone Church Road. The name was changed to Stone Ridge to reflect our new neighbourhood.
Although our roots are in the "Brethren" movement, which has always valued simple organizational structure in ways of meeting, Stone Ridge has no formal denominational affiliation.